Today (2nd March 2011), in a packed event at San Francisco, Apple’s CEO Steve Jobs has revealed the all new much anticipated iPad 2.
Jobs, who was not expected to appear at the launch due to his health conditions, got a standing loud applause when he took the stage at San Francisco’s Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. Jobs made his first public appearance after taking medical leave since January.
“2011 is going to be year of the iPad 2,” he said. “I didn’t want to miss today.
Highlights of iPad 2 features:
- 33% thinner than it’s predecessor
- front and back video cameras
- available in two different models WI-FI and WI-FI + 3G
- Dimensions: Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm), Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm), Depth: 0.34 inch (8.8 mm), Weight: 1.33 pounds (601 g)
- Storage: available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
- Carriers: AT&T and Verizon to support both GSM and CDMA networks
- Display: 9.7 inch (diagonal), 1064×768 pixel resolution
- Chip: 1GHz dual-core Apple A5 custom-designed
- Power and Battery: Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, charging via both pwer adapter and USB connector, up to 10 hours battery life.
- pricing ranges between $499 – $829 , same as it’s predecessor
- OS: This iPad version runs on iOS 4.3, the latest version of Apple’s operating system
The device is available in both Black and White colors. Sales in US will start on March 11th and will be available in more than 23 other countries from 26th March 2011.
watch key notes of the event here